Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cw1  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 5:22:57 PM(UTC)
cw1

Groups: Registered

My Maytag Ensignia MAV7657 only spins for a short time at end of wash cycle, does not spin at all during spin cycle. I cleaned/greased the motor plate and motor spring looks good. During spin cycle the motor reverses, the agitator still turns and drum does not spin. When I manually turn transmission pulley, cam gear spins with pulley and does not twist inside pulley to engage drum. Transmission shaft/cam gear just turn in reverse with pulley.

What keeps the shaft stopped so cam can twist inside pulley to unlock brake and engage drum?

Any diagnostic tips would be appreciated.

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

cw1  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2015 8:01:39 AM(UTC)
cw1

How do I determine if this is a thrust bearing, brake or transmission issue.

The washer seems to run well except for not spinning and does not seem to be making any unusual noises.

I pulled off the front cover (which is how I discovered it does spin for a short time at end of wash cycle), cleaned/lubed motor plate and inspected/lubed thrust bearing cam. Cam looked okay, but I am no expert. It does not appear to be functioning due to the trans shaft spinning to freely in reverse. I had only a couple towels in drum at time. Do I need a load of clothes to keep agitator from going into reverse easily, thus allowing cam to engage?

Please help!
cw1  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2015 5:11:00 PM(UTC)
cw1

Anyone have any diagnostic suggestions?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply