Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DawnFL  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2015 8:51:22 AM(UTC)
DawnFL

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Duet Steam front load washer last year's model. Is the detergent supposed to drip down the glass of the front door and pool into the rubber lining where the drain is as soon as the detergent is entered into the drawer? If this is not how it is supposed to work, what's wrong? And how do we fix it? Here's a little more info... Ever since we bought it a year ago, when we put the HE detergent into the drawer, and the times when we also use bleach, they immediately start to run out and down the front door. If the door is open, the detergent drips onto the floor. So we always make sure to put the clothes in first, close the door, and LAST add the detergent, so it runs down the glass door and stays inside. We've read the manual multiple times to see if this is an issue, but the instructions say to do things in the order we've been doing them, so though it seems strange that the manual wouldn't warn you that you'd lose all your detergent if you didn't close the door and add it last, we figured this was just the way it's supposed to be. But a year has gone by and started to wonder if we should clean out the filter. I used to have a Samsung, and the filter was in front. I can't find the filter on the Whilrpool, so I googled it... and then I saw others commenting on the detergent leaking, so now I wonder if this whole year it actually was a problem that the detergent has been running down the glass into the rubber drain area as soon as we put it in the drawer... so what do you think? Thanks! (ps: we learned the there is a filter, but we have to take the front panel off. wasn't in the manual, argh!! I miss my Samsung!)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.