Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bateschell  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 11:40:59 AM(UTC)
Bateschell

Groups: Registered

About 2 months ago the agitator stopped turning when the washing machine started the wash cycle. I could give it a quick turn to get it going and the machine would run fine to the end of the cycle. I should have tried to fix it when this first started but carried on turning the agitator at the start of the cycle. Now the washer fills, the agitator will not turn properly and the washer will complete the cycle, without spinning, rinsing and never drain the water from initial wash cycle. Any thoughts as to what is causing the problem would be a great help. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 1:27:06 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Well, this is a 1985 belt drive model. Great machines but you really have to know these machines to service them. I would remove the panel on the back and check for a loose or broken belt first.

Eric
Bateschell  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 3:03:48 PM(UTC)
Bateschell

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
Well, this is a 1985 belt drive model. Great machines but you really have to know these machines to service them. I would remove the panel on the back and check for a loose or broken belt first.

Eric

I have done this. The belt seems to be tight, in good condition and when I pull the belt it turns all the pulleys it goes around turn.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 5:35:43 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Does the motor run and drive the belt? If so, when the main drive pulley on the transmission is rotating is the solenoid assembly going back and forth? This is commonly known as the "wig wag". The odd thing about your symptoms is that the cam bar on the right that is operated by one of the wig wag solenoids (the one with the yellow wire) is used for the drain and agitate functions. If the cam bar is pulled back, agitation stops and the lever on the drain pump is pulled back which is the drain position. If the cam bar is forward, the pump is closed and the agitate gear in the transmission is engaged, so if all the pulleys are rotating and the wig wag is going back and forth, one of those functions should be working.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply