Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cpgoose  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2015 7:56:03 AM(UTC)
cpgoose

Groups: Registered

Hi folks, any thoughts you could provide would be great. I'm lost on this one and Sears/Kenmore is NO help.

We have a Kenmore Elite Oasis washing machine that's about 7 years old. Model #110.28042700 (top load). My son forced up the lid while it was running and broke the lid latch (part number W10059230). Then it throws the "du" code, which means "door/lid cannot unlock" according to the manual.

We went online to ******************************** and bought a new one for $65. Apparently that part has been replaced by part number W10619844, which looks more like a rectangle than a square (which is what the original part looks like).

Anywho, we received the part yesterday, plugged it in, and we're still getting the "du" error as soon as you turn on the machine. No clue why. We found the technical worksheet on the inside of the washer, which tells you how to get into diagnostics mode by presssing a combination of keys in order. We can't even do that, though, because as soon as you power it on, it throws the code and you can't do anything. What would a technician do differently if they came over?

Please, for the sake of all my dirty clothes, any tips would be great!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.