Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cgeiber  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 6:07:55 PM(UTC)
cgeiber

Groups: Registered

I have been hearing a "clunking" noise periodically while my washer agitates while washing or even filling. (It does not happen all the time). Taking off the front cover I can see the noise is coming from the place where the Shaft & Mode Shifter Asm and Drive Pulley join together. The Drive pulley has a fair amount of play between the teeth of the Shaft & Mode Shifter Asm when the tank turns back and forth.
The washer came out of balance probably a year or so ago and we found it scooted a foot or so across the floor. There were metal shavings on the ground beneath it that I can see now at least some of them were from the Drive Pulley outer edges. The noise didn't begin immediately after that but I'm guessing was the beginning of this issue.
I have yet to take the entire thing apart to get a closer look at the reason for the play but wonder if any one could suggest if I am more likely needing to replace one or both the parts or if they might be able to just be tightened up to each other.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.