Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
69_Eliminator  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2015 10:28:26 AM(UTC)
69_Eliminator

Groups: Registered

Hello All, recently our washing machine started acting up. The first time it acted up my girlfriend went down to get the laundry out of the washer because it should have been done, but the knob was on rinse and the basket was full of water, but the washer wasn't doing anything. She spun the dial around to rinse again and it drained, rinsed the load, and finished properly. This happened about a week or more ago.

The second time it messed up was this week. My girlfriend called me at work and said the washer smelled like an electrical fire had happened, I told her to unplug it and leave it until I got home. When I got home I couldn't smell any evidence or an electrical fire. Once again the basket was full of water, but this time the dial had went to where it would have if the load was done. I set the knob on several different positions, but every time I turned it on there was a humming sound which sounded like it was coming from the bottom of the washer, which I would think might have been the motor. I wonder if the electrical smell she smelled was just the motor being stuck and getting hot from not spinning. :confused: We spun the dial around and put it on rinse and it rinsed the clothes and finished the cycle.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm not sure if it could be the main dial or possibly the motor starting to go out. I don't want to put much money in this machine to fix it because it's old, but if it's something simple I would like to fix.

Thank in advance for any help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.