Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wiesy442  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2015 6:34:05 AM(UTC)
wiesy442

Groups: Registered

When the washer goes into spin cycle as the RPMs ramp up it seems the vibration sets off something and causes the whole front panel lights to flicker a few times and then the unit beeps and stops everything. The lights stay on with remaining time showing and door unlocks. With nothing in the washer, it of course spins fine and drains appropriately. When I pulled the bottom plate off, I saw that both front shocks were disconnected. One was broken at the top clip. I was able to reattach both of them with ease and they look to be functioning correctly. The rear ones are fine.

1. The shocks being disengaged could have caused too much vibration over time to cause damage to something up top on the panel or controls. My question, is which is likely the bad part?

2. If I figure out which part is bad, should I replace the one/both shocks so this does not happen again? I should note, I replaced the bellows a year ago. I'm thinking I must have disconnected them and did not reconnect them to access the drum. I can't see why I would have done that in my cursory glance underneath today, but who knows.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.