Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pebby75  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 10:31:07 AM(UTC)
pebby75

Groups: Registered

I am having a water issue at an apartment I own. Normally the bill averages $100. each quarter. I received just received last quarter's bill and it is almost $1000. Says I used 107,900 gallons. I have been over the apartment many times. Had 2 plumbers in. No running toilet, changed the "guts" in the back of the toilet just to be sure. No leaky faucet, no leaky shower, no outside faucet to be leaky, no leaky water heater. The water department is telling me the washer is leaking. I finally got a water profile from them and the high water usage is intermittent but when there is a lot of usage, it is using 1200-1500 gallons an hour. That is about 20-25 gallons a minute. Does anyone think this is possible? I can't fill up a 2 gallon pail with my bath faucet on full blast in 1 minute. How can the washer be running 20+ gallons through in a minute? I do not live in this apartment but my tenants are respectable and I have never had issues with their water bill before. If anyone can answer about the possibility of a washer using this much water, please let me know. Thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.