Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dusted800  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 4:20:02 PM(UTC)
dusted800

Groups: Registered

first indication was at the end of wash cycle clothes were soaked. water sitting in bottom of tub. read some and checked the hose at bottom of pump and little basket found 55 cents but generally not plugged up. fooled around with it for approx an hour. wouldn't go into high spin. put control on drain/spin, 13 minutes showed up on timer, ran time down, went into slow spin, one way, then the other, then back, when it got down to 5 minutes on the timer it jumped back to 13 minutes, Don't know how to check for error codes, Any help????? thanks wk.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:11:58 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Hello Dusted800. If the unit is not draining, it will not spin out. You need to test for power to the drain pump. If there is power there, and the filter is not clogged and the unit does not drain, you will need to replace the drain pump on the unit. Part number: AP5684706
dusted800  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:38:45 AM(UTC)
dusted800

I tried to run a cycle later and it did drain but still wouldn't go into hi speed spin, How to I test to see if there is an error code in it, and why did the timer jump from 5 min back to 13 on the drain/spin setting? Oh and I tested the door lock from reading others reply and the door is locked the whole time and I unplugged the machine and the door stayed locked. wk.
Jeff / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 6:00:47 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Remove the back access panel and you will find a tech sheet on the side wall of the cabinet. On this tech sheet it will tell you how to pull the error codes and you will need to check the door lock assembly on the unit.
dusted800  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 8:56:03 AM(UTC)
dusted800

did the test code thing, came up with e58, says to unplug the motor and ohm the motor across pin 1 to pin 2 etc. NONe of the pins are marked and I believe it tells you to go up to pin 3, there looks like 5 pins on the motor, so with the directions telling me to ohm between 2 and 3 and my washer have 5 pins im not sure if I even have the right plug???? wk
Jeff / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 9:17:22 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Orange is 1, red is 2, brown is 3, white is 4 and grey is 5 for testing purpose.
dusted800  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 2:14:33 PM(UTC)
dusted800

Jeff: thanks for that last info, I would have assumed that the pin numbers would progress down from the top, which is the way I first did it and the readings were all wrong. Your way starts from the bottom and all the readings were in that 4-6 ohm range. So the instructions say if the readings are correcct to replace the speed control board, I can't seem to find that, is it called something else? and where would I find it in the machine. thanks wk
Sphere478  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:03:20 PM(UTC)
Sphere478

Don't forget to check the wax motor on the door lock. They get weak and fail to trigger the switch thst lets it enter spin.
Jeff / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 4:11:10 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

The speed control board is located int he bottom of the washer. I am listing the part number for it below. Part number: AP3891780
Jeff / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 4:12:24 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

The speed control board is located in the bottom of the washer. I am listing the part number for it below. Part number: AP3891780
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply