Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
domcrews  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2015 11:30:07 AM(UTC)
domcrews

Groups: Registered

The rear rod and spring broke on our washer. I had replaced a front rod and spring about a year ago and had a spare rod from that repair that I put on in the back to keep the machine running until I could get the part because it is discontinued everywhere. The front and rear are different lengths so the drum sat a little high on the right rear side for about a month until I found a used part and replaced it. During that time I would notice that during agitation it would slow down and then over time would even stop. Now it will not agitate at all and sometimes it gets stuck on spin and I have to open the front panel and pull on the belt to get the pulley moving. When it tries to agitate the motor turns and the belt just stays put and you can smell the burning rubber.

I'm not sure if the transmission was somehow damaged, or the tub bearing, or the clutch? I want to order the parts and repair this unit, I'm just not sure what needs to be replaced?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.