Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SPOONMAN1  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 6:02:53 AM(UTC)
SPOONMAN1

Groups: Registered

Hey guys, This washer has stopped agitating. It goes through the cycles completely and the motor hums when it gets to agitate, but the water doesn't slosh. It will spin out fine. I did automatic diagnostic and manual. It agitated the first time I tested it and when I washed a load immediately afterwards it tried to but just went back to humming. It doesn't show an error code either. Now it wont move on manual test mode either. I don't have the equipment or the patience to test circuit boards or components. This has not been a very good washer to begin with but is worse now it won't agitate. I would buy a new one but I am clueless about what is dependable and works.
Thanks for any help.
Larry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 4:25:54 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

This sounds like control unit problems, since it will spin that suggests there is not problem with the mechanics.

I suggest a replacement and the machine to buy is a basic top loader, no electronics and no special features. Really, such a machine is inexpensive and will do a great job.
SPOONMAN1  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:40:53 PM(UTC)
SPOONMAN1

"I suggest a replacement and the machine to buy is a basic top loader, no electronics and no special features. Really, such a machine is inexpensive and will do a great job."
This is what I thought I was doing when I bought this machine. Wrong! I have been told that the components are made basically at only a couple of manufacturers and they all are pretty crappy. I am going to buy another top loader, but this time I want a real agitator in it. A cone like my old Maytag had. You can't read reviews, they all go all over the board. Drives me crazy!!
AAAAARRRRRG!!!!!!!!
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:56:29 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

You bought a machine with a circuit board. What do circuit boards hate? Moisture, heat and vibrations.

What does a machine with a circuit board have . . . .?

Keep away from electronics!!
SPOONMAN1  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:12:06 AM(UTC)
SPOONMAN1

Ok.
Now you got me. I thought the only thing now days without a circuit board would be a rock. This Whirlpool had no sensor pads, only dials and a start button. How would I tell if a machine had a circuit board? And is there a problem with finding one with the agitator post?
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:26:10 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

The low cost machines still have mechanical controls. You will know them when you see a mechanical timer/cycle selection knob.

Gosh, low cost and longer life and less maintenance and cheaper repairs. It's a deal
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply