Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dynasty200dx  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2015 2:30:52 PM(UTC)
dynasty200dx

Groups: Registered

My front load washer knocks very loud the last 1-2 minutes of the entire wash cycle. The bearing spins fine and doesn't make any grinding noise. Is it possibly the struts? I attached a video for all to review.

Thanks for any help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el7vHkqQ08o
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

GabrielSand  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2015 6:03:02 PM(UTC)
GabrielSand

I just performed a tub and stem seal replacement on my top load Maytag A112 washer. After putting everything back together my machine was making the same noise on the spin cycle. After taking my work apart I found the inner tub was rubbing against the outer one. This was caused, in my case, by the outer tub being slightly out of round which probably occurred when removing and replacing it. Also compounding it, the tub cover was not correctly positioned causing further interference with the inner tub. To rectify the situation, I carefully bent the tub as close as I could to being round and was more exacting when placing the tub cover back on making sure it was centered and not recessed to deep. I understand another cause of a banging noise could be a broken or dislocated drum spring, bent strut that the spring attaches to or the machine not being level.
kostercamp  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 3:45:14 AM(UTC)
kostercamp

My Sears(Whirlpool) does the same thing. A friend says his did too, and was the bearings in the tub that needed to be replaced. Took him 4 times before it was fixed correctly. I need to get Sears out to take a look at mine. Thank goodness we have the extended warranty.
GabrielSand  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 3:54:44 AM(UTC)
GabrielSand

Perhaps doing this procedure several times one becomes a whiz at it. But doing it once in a great while can be a real ordeal in spite of being a do-it-yourselfer and following instructions closely. An older machine seems to have less info available and the small details that are so important are up for guessing. I may throw in the towel next time and call a pro.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply