Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lucymaud  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2015 2:29:48 PM(UTC)
lucymaud

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Centennial washer MVWC200XW1 that was working great when I last used it 3 years ago. I moved it and left it in storage for 3 years. I just moved it down to my basement and hooked it up. Now it doesn't spin or agitate. Sometimes the lid stays unlocked throughout the whole cycle. Sometimes the red lid lock LED blinks.

In manual test mode, the lid locks when I test it. When I do the Low Spin test or the High Spin test, all 3 status lights (the 2 green and the 1 red lid lock) blink and it doesn't spin. When I do the Gentle Agitation and Heavy Agitation tests, it makes a buzzing sound like it thinks it's agitating but the basket doesn't move. The red lid lock LED stays solid. The test completes and the lid unlocks.

I originally got error codes F7E1 (basket speed sensor fault), F7E7 (motor unable to reach target RPM), F5E1 (lid switch fault), and F2E1 (stuck key).

I replaced the lid switch, and the washer continued to behave the same (no spin or agitate). After replacing the lid switch, I checked fault codes again, and only had F5E1 (lid switch fault) and F7E1 (basket sensor fault). I adjusted the lid switch (I hadn't centered it when mounting), and after that, the washer behaves the same, but I now only have fault code F7E1 (basket sensor fault).

My next plan is to replace the shift actuator. I'm just waiting for it to arrive. I'm completely new to this though, and I want to ask if there is something obvious I'm missing or should check. Can anyone suggest anything that might be the problem after a washer that is working perfectly is moved or stored for a while?

Thank you for any help or suggestions!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.