Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
soulman1980  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2015 3:50:35 PM(UTC)
soulman1980

Groups: Registered

I appreciate and thank anyone who can help!

I'm replacing the spider and bearings on a Samsung front load. The spider had broke, causing the basket to smash around the bin and burn up the front seal.

I took everything apart and found the rotted split spider as the problem.

I replaced the bearings as a precaution. I put the basket/spider assembly in the tub, and it seemed to turn smooth with no issue.

After putting the top half of the tub together and clamping everything down it seems the basket had a slight scrape on the tub.

I thought maybe once it was inverted in front-load position if would subside. The opposite occured, after mounting in the machine it sounds like it's scraping everywhere.

I give up. I was hoping time and patience could get through this project. Disassembly was straight forward, and I was about $200 in with parts which seemed worth it.

I'm guessing the front tub was somehow warped or damaged? My only apprehension, is what holds the basket in the tub? The spindle shaft goes through the tub/bearing, what stops of it from sliding forward and backward? It almost seems like if I could get the basket to push in deeper into the tub the basket woulnd't scrape the front of the front-tub.

Any thoughts?

UPDATE - I took everything apart again, I wanted to get a good look at what was going on with the basket and the tub.

It's specifically the detergent release built into the front-tub that is scraping the basket. If I push down on the basket and spin it, it's perfectly smooth and silent. If I just touch that soap release area it scrapes like hell. When I tighten the tub tight, it starts to scrape.

I'm tempted to take dremmel or sand paper and just file down that detergent release a little bit. Perhaps it slightly warped with the heat? Everything looks perfect (tub is perfectly round, etc).

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.