Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ginny363  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 5:49:03 PM(UTC)
ginny363

Groups: Registered

I purchased a used Cabrio WTW5500XW2. The seller said it worked fine except it wouldn’t drain. Brought unit home, took off drain motor, removed dime, I thought, Bingo!, Not so fast. Doesn’t do a thing now except power on and lock the lid. The guy still swears it worked fine…After researching online I did find a manual to try some diagnostic testing. It says start the test when unit is in standby. With the unit in standby I begin the series of main knob turns and immediately upon turning in either direction, the machine powers on. So I am unable to do any diagnostic testing. (The machine is not supposed to power on just by turning the main knob is it?) And then after its powered on, sometimes the lights follow the selector knob as it turns and sometimes the light remains in place. The unit will not fill, spin, drain, etc. Took the lid lock off, greased it, Purchased a shift actuator and installed , that didn’t fix. Can I reset the control panel? Do I need a new control panel? If so, on several sites the part is no longer available but a substitution is. Will the substitute part work? And after/if I install a new main control unit, do I have to recalibrate and how or do I have to do anything else before I turn the unit back on?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.