Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jerry_15  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 6:52:06 AM(UTC)
jerry_15

Groups: Registered

We have a Kenmore Model 110.28732700 top loading washer almost seven years old. Recently I've noticed the clothes sometimes are quite warm at the end of the cycle when the clothes have been washed in hot water, but rinsed with cold water (which is the only rinse option). The problem isn't consistent. Sometimes the hot water temperature wash will rinse with cold water, but the next load will rinse with hot water and the clothes will be hot at the end of the spin cycle. How can I isolate the source of this problem? I've checked the water inlet valve screens and they are clean. Am I looking at a temperature switch that is failing or ???
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2014 5:23:41 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Interesting, not a problem I have ever seen before.

The problem is that the timer is sending power to the hot water valve when it should be calling for cold water. It could be the water temp switch, and I would try replacing that but it seems more likely that it is the timer. If neither of those are the problem then a far less likely source could be the valve assembly itself.

Since you may be buying parts you don't need, if you buy from this site and do not need a part you can return it.
jerry_15  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2014 6:05:22 PM(UTC)
jerry_15

Groups: Registered

sidfink43

Thanks for helpful suggestions. I have been monitoring the wash cycle through several more cycles and can add a few more observations. After selecting a hot water wash, I can manually change the wash temp selector back to cold after the initial hot water fill and it will rinse with cold. Does this point more to a water temperature switch or a timer problem? Really appreciate your help on this
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2014 4:11:30 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

That would seem to point to a problem with the water temp switch, so I would start there in terms of replacing things as it is less expensive and an easier repair then anything else.

Let us know how this all turns out, it's an interesting problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply