Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
greggolf61  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2014 12:50:28 PM(UTC)
greggolf61

Groups: Registered

My machine began to make a loud humming noise while spinning about 2 months ago. just lately now I saw some water that leaked one time, and clothes are not being spinned properly, sounds unbalanced. I opened it up, everything seems to be in tact, belt is good, both shocks in tact.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 23, 2014 4:27:33 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

This type of problem is almost impossible to diagnose from afar, and these models tend to have a failure of the rear bearing assembly which can cause the problems you described. In that case replacement is warranted because the whole rear tub assembly must be replaced.

You could try operating it with the rear panel off and see if you can determine the source of the problem. The leak may have let water damage some critical parts.

Sorry not to be more helpful, this is just not the type of issue that is easy to diagnose.
greggolf61  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 23, 2014 8:37:57 AM(UTC)
greggolf61

Groups: Registered

Thank you,
that sound did sound like a bad bearing, can you tell how to replace it, and what parts I will need. one question though, where do you think the water came from. Also how expensive is the part? and what is it called exactly?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 23, 2014 12:27:38 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well the water is a mystery, but the bearing is something you probably do not want to replace. The bearing comes as part of the rear drum assembly and the parts are over $200.00. It is just not economical to sink this much money to this machine.

If you don't need a front loader I suggest replacing this with a basic top loader, basic in that no electronics involved. The new one will do a great job, be under warranty and you will be a much happier person with it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply