Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
clies  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:53:45 PM(UTC)
clies

Groups: Registered

I am having some issues with my whirlpool washer. It was not spinning but was draining and making a loud noise. My thought was that it was the motor coupler. I took it apart and the motor coupler was broken, and I went ahead and replaced it. I noticed that the other coupler that sits on the drive shaft was still intact, but that the shaft going into the transmission was not spinning freely.
I reassembled the washer and it is now no longer going into the spin or draining. It is making a quieter buzzing sound when it hits this cycle but will not drain.
I guess I'm thinking at this point the transmission may be seized up. Is that shaft supposed to spin freely? I thought this would be an easy fix, but I'm a little frustrated. I would appreciate any help. Thank you very much
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2014 5:25:15 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

With the plastic coupling piece on the shaft from the transmission you should be able to turn it in either direction, not easily but somewhat freely. If not transmission my be a problem.
clies  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2014 6:27:07 AM(UTC)
clies

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
With the plastic coupling piece on the shaft from the transmission you should be able to turn it in either direction, not easily but somewhat freely. If not transmission my be a problem.

I was afraid that may be the case. It is definitely locked up solid. I think given the price of a transmission and age of the washer I will go shopping for a new one. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply and help out.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2014 10:02:54 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Good, you will find a basic top loader with no electronics to be a great buy.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply