Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hoffmase  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 9:43:30 AM(UTC)
hoffmase

Groups: Registered

I need some assistance.

My washer is over 5 years old. About 4 months ago, I noticed after a wash cycle, my clothes were still somewhat wet. I figured my clutch was going bad. I replaced the clutch assembly on my washer.

Ever since then, on occasion, my washer will not begin its spin cycle. The washer has consistently agitated and drained. When it "acts up", the washer agitates and drains fine. When it tries to start the spin mode, the washer makes a loud repetitive clicking noise. It sounds as if the noise is coming from the bottom of the washer (not from the timer assembly on top). When it is doing this, if I open the lid and close it, it will then start the spin mode as soon as the lid is closed. When the lid is open, I can see that the tub has drained. It appears that when the lid is opened and closed, whatever issue it is having is reset.

We almost always wash clothes on the "normal cycle" It spins the clothes twice. This click issue happens sometimes on both spins, and sometimes on only one spin. I don't know if this happens on the spin portion of the "permanent press cycle".

I don't know what is causing this. I am pretty sure I installed the clutch assembly correctly. I would guess that the lid switch is OK since the washer agitates.

thanks for any help. If you need more info, let me know.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.