Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JustGeorge  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2014 5:01:41 AM(UTC)
JustGeorge

Groups: Registered

Hi Folks,

My 5 year old Whirlpool Estate washer will not spin the tub. The agitator works fine, the lid switch seems to work fine (at least the agitator is working). Water fills and drains OK, but the thing will not spin.

If I release the brake, the tub will spin by hand (but rather tight). With the brake engaged I can't spin by hand but I'm assuming this is normal.

I replaced the clutch and removed the coupler for inspection and this is OK.
The machine makes a noise like it is spinning (the typical sound it makes under normal operation) but there is no spinning.

I don't see any oil around the transmission and there are no strange smells coming from the washer.

I ordered a spanner wrench and will remove the tub to check for obstruction there.

At this point I'm thinking either motor or transmission.

Are there any easy tests for the transmission?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
George
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.