Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NBeach Guy  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 1:28:49 PM(UTC)
NBeach Guy

Groups: Registered

Hi. First timer here. Thanks for any help.

Opened up the washer and saw the leak coming from right where the outer tub attaches at the bottom to the trans, at the spin bearing. Currently happens when in wash agitation and only when more than half full load/water. When first occurred it was noisy for a moment before the leak occurred and had trouble agitating. Now it works but...since looking up the part, the Tub Seal (5303-279-394), it looks like it has a spring built into the rubber seal. Might explain why more load, more weight causes the leak to occur? Either way I can change out the seal easily since on this model doesn't even need a special nut wrench.

Question for the pros. Should I also tackle the Spin Bearing (3204-405) too? That means taking off the outer tub, a lot more work! Does the brass bearing really need replacing if exposed to water leaking through?

Note: No current "bad" noises on spin cycle.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.