Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dsmithpdx  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:27:53 AM(UTC)
dsmithpdx

Groups: Registered

Hello,

Our Bosch Axxis front load washing machine (model WAS20160UC, purchased July 2009) won't start. When the door is shut and the cycle is selected, the "Start/Pause" button does not start flashing, which indicates that it thinks the door is not shut. When I touch the "Start/Pause" button, the light comes on momentarily and then goes off, again indicating that it thinks the door isn't shut. If I enable the "signal" function, it beeps twice when I touch the "Start/Pause" button.

I suspect it's an issue with the door sensor/lock/switch mechanism. I removed the retaining wire from the rubber seal, and pulled back the right side so that I could see the lock. I removed and re-seated the wire harness plug on the lock unit, and that did get the machine to recognize that the door was shut ONCE. I pressed the "Start/Pause" button, the door locked with the usual "click," and I could hear the motor start, but then the machine started beeping like crazy and a few of the indicator lights started flashing, so I quickly stopped the machine. After that, it once again went back to the behavior of thinking that the door isn't shut. I tried re-seating that wiring harness a few more times with no luck.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? It's frustrating because I THINK I know what the problem is, but I just can't quite fix it... Thanks everyone!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.