Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
drmjtn  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2014 7:52:05 AM(UTC)
drmjtn

Groups: Registered

My Whirlpool Duet electric dryer has recently started shutting off shortly after starting. At this point, when holding the start button, there is a small click, and then nothing. The drum does not turn at all. All lights on the display are functioning normally so there does not appear to be any basic power supply issues. There are no error codes displayed. I have checked the drum belt as suggested and the belt is in tact and attached properly. I have removed and cleaned dust and lint from the computer board, with no obvious signs of damage to wires or the circuit board. I have also removed the console, and there are no obvious signs of damage to wires or circuits. I have removed the access panel and lint duct cover and cleaned all lint and dust from the connections as good as possible. The entire lint duct is very clean with no obstructions. There does not appear to be any damage to wiring or connections, but I do not have the tools or know how to check whether any particular components are still working properly. Any suggestions of what to check next, electrical or mechanical?

Thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.