Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ewgoforth  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 8:32:51 AM(UTC)
ewgoforth

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have a Kenmore low water/ high efficiency top loading washing machine made by Whirlpool.

About six months ago the orginal belt burned up and I changed it. It seemed to work ok for a while, but lately the clothes have been coming out very wet. I double-checked the belt, it seems fine this time.

I've disconnected the latch from the lid so that I can watch it operate. Without any clothes in it, I've watched it run through a spin/drain cycle and everything seems ok.

I've watched it wash a load of clothes and it seems odd. I don't see it agitate during the wash or rinse cycle at all. This is on the "Normal" cycle.

The pump seems to empty the tub just fine, and I'll watch it start to spin, but it doesn't really get up to speed. The tub wobbles a LOT more than what I'm used to seeing, banging on the sides, but it doesn't trip the off balance warning from what I see. It just seems to stop after doing a pretty lame attempt at a spin cycle. I've run it through another drain/spin cycle and didn't see it try to spin at all. I'm getting a funny smell in the laundry room (clutch linings burning out?)

I'm suspecting the clutch, but I'm not finding any information on how to take it out of this washing machine. It seems very different from previous Whirlpools.

Does anyone have any experience with this model?

-Eric
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.