Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
benz139  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:22:44 AM(UTC)
benz139

Groups: Registered

Maytag Neptune MAH9700AWM (SN: 12929768GN) will not spin or agitate. Noticed the unit wasn't doing anything for a while during a load once and investigated. There is also a low-pitched motor whine coming from the drum when the unit is on OR plugged in.

I entered Service Mode as per the Technical Information Manual for MAH9700A* models and ran the tests therein and here are the results:

Quick Spin Test: Does not spin.

Quick Service Cycle: Performs all the water test (steps 1-4), but does not do any of the spin tests. Waited for it to spin, and when it was not spinning (after a couple of minutes), it apparently exited the Service Cycle on it’s own and went into standby. I ran it again but this time only waited a few seconds when it wouldn’t spin and advanced to the next step (by pressing Spin Speed button) and it displayed the PA (passed) diagnostic code.

Board Input Test: Ran through all without issue.

Board Output Test: When performing the tumble test the machine did not tumble. All other tests completed without issue.

Diagnostic Code Display: Went in here and viewed All Diagnostic Codes by rotating the RotarySelector and it had logged 2E which according to the Tech Info Manual is BOTH ‘Voltage for motor control bus is over specified limit.’ and ‘Voltage for motor control bus is under specified limit.’

The only other thing I should probably mention is that when the issue first manifested I did experience an 'OE' error once while playing around with the RInse & Spin/Spin Only' cycles.

So it looks like the motor is bad. I had a tech come ($117.69 for the visit, from a ‘Maytag Authorized Repair Facilityt’ that had terrible Yelp! Reviews) and he told me that I need a new ‘Main CCU’ (part no. 34001496 for $358.96) and ‘motor’ (part no. 34001269 for $292.45).

Whaddhaya think?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.