Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe_a_runner  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 9:11:43 AM(UTC)
Joe_a_runner

Groups: Registered

Hello,

My whirlpool duet ht washer, GWH9200LW, recently began malfunctioning. It started with showing an F06 code and not completing any cycle. I troubleshooted a couple things and finally decided to spend the $170 for a new MCU unit. After I installed that it didn't fix the issue, except, it no longer displayed the F06 error, it would just "stall" a few minutes into the cycle. It would get stuck on a time, usually just 2-3 minutes into the cycle and the time would blink. After 30sec of blinking the drum would spin for a few rounds, sometimes fill more water, and then do the blinking.

I looked into any components that could be shorted or dead and came up with nothing. It would go through the diagnostics cycle, but would take 10min+ for C:05. It didn't show any errors during that, but would get stuck in the blinking ritual every time I tried to wash some clothes. I was experimenting with different settings, trying to see if it would complete a cycle if I selected the quick wash with "no spin." I looked a little better, started from about 28 min and made it down to 17 minutes, sometimes attempting to enter the blink and spin ritual, but always moving on after a couple rounds of that. At 17 minutes it was blinking around for about 5 minutes and then quit the cycle. There was no water in the tank, so it just unlocked the door, beeped, and displayed the cycle finished light. Unfortunately, it also completely died in that process.

I could not power up the machine again. I looked into different possibilities, again, doing all the resistance and voltage testing. There was no click of the CCU when I plugged it in, so I assumed the CCU was the problem and ordered a new one. The new one came, I installed it in a heartbeat, and nothing happened.

It does not click and when I unplug the DL and DS plugs still nothing happens. The board appears to be getting power, but the relay is not tripped, so the circuit is not complete, if that makes sense. I'm planning on getting a repair man out here to exorcise the machine, because there is obviously something more than the physical realm ailing the washer. Any thoughts, incantations, or advice for this strange issue?

Thanks for any help!
Joseph
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.