Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MAYTAG CLOTHES WASHER  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 1:57:01 AM(UTC)
MAYTAG CLOTHES WASHER

Groups: Registered

MAYTAG AHW8000Front-Loader MAXIMA XL Unit is new on 2014 04 01 [April Fool's :mad: ]. The Front Loader is actually a replacement from Whirlpool - Maytag for a top loader that had its motor, stator, struts replaced because it clanged loudly each time a washing cycle was conducted. The problem with this replacement MAXIMA XL unit started approximately one and a half months ago. The detergent dispenser retains water in the dispenser even after a full washing process is completed. You must pull the dispenser tray from the washer itself and take the tray to a sink to discard the retained, unwanted water so that you can fill the dispensing tray with powdered/liquid HE detergent and/or fabric softner and/or bleach for the next washing load. Note, in the process of removing the tray, you end up getting water on the floor and/or yourself. [Three discrete compartments exist for: detergent, softner, bleach loading and dispensing during the wash cycle]. You can hear the machine actually running water through the dispenser at various cycles of washing to cause the dispensing tray contents to be emptied into the drum where the clothes reside. However when the MAXIMA XL has completed the entire washing process, the tray contains water. On 2014 09 30, I had Whirlpool Maytag Service to the house to repair/replace. The technician had not encountered the problem. He entered several Maytag TOP-SECRET codes into the machine to discern problems. Apparently the computer controls did not divulge any knowledge of the symptoms. The technician emptied the tray of the water. He then took the top off of the dispensing tray and examined it. I had previously done the same thing on several occasions in failed attempts to detect root cause and effect repair myself. Like myself, the repair tech was stumped. He went to his truck and accessed the Whirlpool - Maytag Service web site. There he found something that indicated that problems with the dispensing unit and he would return in two weeks with a revised unit. Anyone have a similar problem and find a satisfactory solution? I don't want to be sending back another Maytag clothes washer as a lemon
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.