Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dand63087  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 6:23:00 AM(UTC)
dand63087

Groups: Registered

I am replacing the mixing valve (the water would keep running slowly when machine was off). I ordered a new one from Amazon.com and at the outlet valve on the old one there is a place to plug two wires into it. On the new one there is no such plug. (I specified the brand and model number when I ordered the part). Is the clip necessary? Thank you for your response. Danny
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:01:42 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yes, there is a thermistor inside the valve that the temperature control board uses to determine the temperature of the water and cycles the valves to get the tub water temperature correct. We always advise against buying appliance parts from amazon and e bay. You don't know what you are getting and there are a lot of substandard parts out there.

Eric
Renzo  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2016 7:25:57 AM(UTC)
Renzo

Groups: Registered

fairbank56 Thanks for your input. I guess thats why the correct valve is $50-$75 instead of $10-$15 for a Generic replacement without Thermistor. Without the input from the Thermistor, will a generic valve control temps? I realize the mounting bracket will have to be modified.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply