Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rik T  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 5:50:01 AM(UTC)
Rik T

Groups: Registered

I was having the lock lid light flashing problem as many others have noted on this and other forums. I didn't do the diagnostics, I just narrowed it down to lock lid switch and shift actuator. I took my chances with the shift actuator as this seemed to mimic my symptoms the closest based on others postings. Ordered Fromm APP and received next day. 10-15 min later, part replaced and good to go. Unit responded with going through cycle, no red light flashing and a completed load washed. Problem solved.

It ran great for about a week. Now, when we use the machine, the first cycle ends up having the red lock lid light flashing after initial sensing and filling with water. I can unplug it, let it sit for 30-60 seconds to clear, plug in again and start the cycle. It'll now run fine even with continuous loads with no issues. However, if the machine sits without use for a period of time from completion of a wash cycle to start of a new cycle then the red flashing light will reappear upon starting and I then have to go through the above steps. Any thoughts? Could I have a defective shift actuator and need to replace again or could this be a failing lock lid switch. Thanks in advance
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.