Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tom_Scheel@yahoo.com  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 6:24:54 AM(UTC)
Tom_Scheel@yahoo.com

Groups: Registered

I have a WHDSR315 GE 15 cycle/3 speed toploader doesn't agitate or spin. Actually it will - unless there is any weight in the drum (ie clothes or water).

I pulled the front and I have verified the magnetic door switch and water level switches are working mechanically. I have not yet checked them for electrical (ie continuity with the door shut).

It pumps out fine. The motor never spins with weight in the drum, but it gets very hot. I can turn the belt by hand, but it doesn't turn the agitator.

I would greatly appreciate any help in troubleshooting this.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 7:08:39 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
You would really need to check voltages at the motor connector while motor is trying to run in order to determine if the problem is the motor or a voltage drop to the motor due to faulty timer or wiring/connections. It could also be a faulty motor capacitor or failing lid switch. It may also be the transmission if it is binding and putting too much load on the motor. Too many things in the mix here to try and walk you through it all. You might just try parts swapping. Anything purchased from APP can be returned if it doesn't fix the problem.

Eric
Tom_Scheel@yahoo.com  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 12:07:22 AM(UTC)
Tom_Scheel@yahoo.com

As ever I appreciate the help. I was hoping for a obvious problem with a clear fix. That is apparently not the case here.

Do you have a recommendation as to what parts to swap to begin the process? I am reasonably capable with a multimeter.

Tom
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 7:04:28 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Well, I'm a troubleshooter, not a parts swapper. Hard for me to tell someone to swap parts til it's fixed. It's hard to say without knowing if the problem is electrical or mechanical. For you, I would say get the timer, capacitor and lid switch and go from there. You can return whatever you don't need.

Eric
Tom_Scheel@yahoo.com  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:59:55 PM(UTC)
Tom_Scheel@yahoo.com

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
Well, I'm a troubleshooter, not a parts swapper. Hard for me to tell someone to swap parts til it's fixed. It's hard to say without knowing if the problem is electrical or mechanical. For you, I would say get the timer, capacitor and lid switch and go from there. You can return whatever you don't need.

Eric

Thanks Eric. So far I have swapped capacitor, ruled out lid switch, and tried a new timer. The new timer has been quite problematic. I am not sure I have the right one. With the new one in, it will only fill and drain, never advance the time, nor do any actual washing. Just fill, drain endlessly.

The electrical pinouts are the same, but the part numbers are different:

The original has these part numbers":
6249B GE 17505 100P008 M298
Kingston 71291 - A04438

The new one has this part number:
175D4232P024
011-64457-01
M620 -P024

Suggestions or help?

Thank you.

Tom
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply