Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jmill212  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 9:56:09 AM(UTC)
jmill212

Groups: Registered

My washer drain line is installed improperly above the washer approximately 2' above the top of the washer controls. The machine has been not completely draining in the spin cycle periodically. If it does not drain, and I put it back into the spin cycle, that never works. If it didn't drain, it won't drain for that cycle. I have narrowed it down to the lid switch (Kenmore part #3949238; AP3100001) or the drain pump (Kenmore #3363394; AP2907492). I am going to replace both. Amazon has a part available #3363394-X drain pump. I was wondering if this part would fit my washer, if the 'X' stood for 'eXtra umph to get it up to the improper drain, and if so, is this part available through APP?:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 12:21:56 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Don't recommend buying any appliance parts from Amazon or e bay as there are a lot of junk parts on those sites. Buy from APP and your getting genuine manufacture replacement parts, you get a one year warranty and you may return the part if it doesn't fix your problem. Your washer should drain fine with drain standpipe up to 8' above bottom of washer. If lid switch was bad, washer would not drain or spin. Pull the pump and hoses and check for blockage including up into tub exit hole. Make sure the drain hose to standpipe interface is not sealed, there must be an air break there. If no blockages, then try replacing the pump.

Whirlpool 3363394 Whirlpool Direct Drive Washer Pump - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply