Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wrboozer  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 7:59:42 AM(UTC)
wrboozer

Groups: Registered

About a month ago, my wife followed advice from a magazine and ran some vinegar through the washer to clean out mildew and soap residue. The washer has subsequently operated just fine but for not draining completely with each load, leaving ~1 gallon in the drum. After watching the video for replacing the drain pump, I did just that (via the front of the machine) and expected the problem to be solved. This seemed a realistic hope since the condition of the black rubber flapper/stopper on the old pump was somewhat tired and it did not return to fully closed position when I examined it. All other components seemed in good shape, and I was careful to reinstall them to the pump and it to the washer correctly. Also pretty certain that the drain hose and house plumbing are unobstructed.

So after replacing the drain pump, the washer is exactly as before: runs complete cycle with no codes or hiccups, only it still leaves ~1 gallon of clean water in the drum. Getting tired of squeezing this water out of each load before moving to the dryer, and my wife reports that drying time is longer by 20-30 minutes.

If the problem wasn't the drain pump itself, what other part(s) might I suspect is at fault? Except for this problem and the usual moldy bellows issue, the washer has been a champ and I hope I can fix it myself. Thanks in advance for all help offered.

Wesley in Atlanta
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.