Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
huffman142  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:53:21 PM(UTC)
huffman142

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio that started out by stopping in the middle of a wash cycle with the lid lock light flashing and showing 1 minute remaining. Sometimes the clothes were barely wet and hadn't moved.

Now it's gotten to the point where it won't even get past the "sensing" mode. As soon as I start it there is a loud hum (not the normal noise for sensing) and it keeps doing it until I unplug the washer. Even after I hit the power button, it still keeps humming.

I'm currently getting an F1/E2 error, but yesterday it spit out an E7/E6. Any ideas of what it could be? When I put it in test mode earlier it *sounded* like it was agitating, but the tub was not moving back and forth at all.

I've uploaded a video on Youtube of what I'm talking about: Whirlpool Cabrio Motor Problem? - YouTube

Is this a bad motor or could something else be causing this?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 2:30:07 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Tilt the machine back, remove the belt guard and check for loose nut on main drive pulley. Common for this nut to loosen allowing pulley and belt to jam against belt guard preventing motor from rotating.

Eric
huffman142  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 9:33:03 AM(UTC)
huffman142

Well, I don't think it's the motor now because it will go through rinse/spin cycle and do a full speed spin out and the pump works fine. It seems these machines have a lot of problems with the actuator (that even trip different error codes), so I'm going to try that first. The motor, tub, and pulleys are completely free. The nut on the pulley was tight.
huffman142  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2014 10:07:00 AM(UTC)
huffman142

I just cleared the error codes and put in automatic test mode. It went through the entire thing...filling water, agitating, spinning, draining, etc. and showed no error codes afterwards.

If everything "works" on testing, then why won't it go past the sensing mode and actually start a wash cycle?
Kehorton85  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 5, 2016 8:12:10 AM(UTC)
Kehorton85

Our same model is doing the exact same thing! What did you do to eventually fix the issue?
huffman142  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 5, 2016 9:58:29 AM(UTC)
huffman142

It was the control board. I ordered one and replaced it myself and I'm still using the same machine. When I bought mine two years ago it was $185. It was cheaper than a new machine.
Cabrioooooo  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2017 8:17:27 AM(UTC)
Cabrioooooo

There was a blown capacitor on my control board. I replaced the blown capacitor and the washer works now. If you are any good at soldering it was only a few dollar fix. Good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply