Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe68hurst  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 3:59:41 PM(UTC)
Joe68hurst

Groups: Registered

Hi - our ATF7000 was stopping during a cycle and did not have good output. I found on-line the E20 error code that came up and proceeded to clean the drain hose and coin catch. All cleaned up and I would assume the machine would work fine. Upon restarting the pump would activate (no water is in the machine) and the pump would keep running, stop, and try another 2 times; the same error code would come up. One time it was E21 - water not pumping out fast enough.

The REALLY strange thing is that if I run through the diagnostics all of those work - I can fill the machine and the pump WILL empty the machine, with good flow. However, when I run the machine on any setting the same thing happens - the pump comes on and the machine never fills with water.

I did have the machine on its side but did not touch the controls. I did have the vent port off (the actual tube broke from its mount) but the hoses for that are also connected.

I am absolutely stumped as to why the machine will not work. I'm willing to buy the parts - but it appears a pump is NOT needed.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe68hurst  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 7:41:23 PM(UTC)
Joe68hurst

Correction - model is ATF7000FSO, S/N XC71313850, built 3/07.
Glad to see that there have been over 60 views, but it's just so darn frustrating to follow repair that has worked for so many folks - but not me.
Joe68hurst  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2014 11:34:11 AM(UTC)
Joe68hurst

Well, I decided to purchase a new control board through Appliance Parts Pros - great service. When I got the board it did not seem to be exactly the same, however I now realize that I needed to remove the stem for the control knob along with the LED lens, light pipe and display and install them on the new board. I did not do this as I just figured that out through the parts breakdowns available here. The control knob stem was very secure - I didn't want to break anything.
However, I was able to go through the entire diagnostic test squence with the existing board - and everything worked, except I would still get a E20 or E21 error. E21 is "pump not pumping out fast enough" - which doesn't match what the pump did - it flowed big time! I am really stumped at this point.

So, I had a maintenance guy come out from the store chain that we bought the washer and driver from. He blew into the line that connects up to the pressure switch, stating that it's either the pressure switch or there is a blockage between the drum and the outer housing. $100 for that and he didn't stay to help me get everything back together. The spin cycle test did work at this point; I figured "At last - it's fixed." (Continued)
Joe68hurst  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2014 11:36:33 AM(UTC)
Joe68hurst

While re-assembling I was trying to get to the lower part of that rubber vent line to check for any blockage and there didn't seem to be any; while withdrawing my right hand I cut the tip of my middle finger (appropriate, right?); My wife has been very ill since last weekend and I picked up her cough - a trip to the doctor took care of both, more or less.
No stitches, though. This was all before 11:00 A.M. yesterday.
Joe68hurst  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2014 11:48:03 AM(UTC)
Joe68hurst

I cannot seem to post the rest of the story.
Joe68hurst  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2014 11:50:27 AM(UTC)
Joe68hurst

After the doctor and other errands I finally get the entire assembly back together around 4:00 P.M. I go to run some bluejeans on the 38 min. perma-press cycle. The machine immediately fills with water and stops at around the 36 min left mark - only 2 minutes in, with an E10 error, which is a "water supply issue". (Recall that there were no errors other than E20 before I took the coin catch apart!) Machine is really full with water and leaking badly.

Back through the diagnostic test and all works but get an E11 error - "fill time too long" - which is also "baloney-sausage", the machine filled fast!
At least I was able to get the water pumped out - and then took the time to clean up all that had leaked, or should I say hemorrhaged, out.
I also try just a spin cycle - it works but the 2nd to last minute took 5 minutes and the last minute took 11 minutes. No errors, though. Something isn't right.

I then try the "unplug the unit" to reset everything but no luck - still the same errors. The maintenance guy wouldn't respond to my calls until this morning - basically the answer is either replace the pressure switch or get a new unit because something is stuck in between the housing and drum.
Sigh. I really have to get on the laundry and my wife just doesn't want laundry done outside the home (I will not explain why). I'm out of time.
I have to stick with Electrolux/Frigidaire due to both width AND height restrictions (this is a stackable unit) so I just bought a FFFS5115PW.
This is a floor model and will be delivered on Saturday. This way, the dryer doesn't have to be replaced as well.

I could have kept chasing problems and fixed it cheaply (maybe - if that pressure switch was the issue) in terms of dollars but not in terms of time.
Perhaps it was the control board. I hate getting rid of anthing; I like to tinker and solve problems but it takes me a LONG time and I just don't have the time. Thanks to all of those who have read this post.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply