Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
markob  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 7:20:54 AM(UTC)
markob

Groups: Registered

I have seen multiple post about this but none seem to be exactly what is happening for me.

My Whirlpool washer fills and agitates normally. It stops and seems to pause before the spin and drain cycle begins, there are a couple of clicks, and then it begins to hum as if the spin cycle has begun and it does seem to be draining, but when I open the lid, I see the drum is not spinning. It then makes a click, and the drums moves a little. Once I close the lid the drum does begin to spin. I have read some posts say it may just be the timer, but I really want to confirm before spending money on parts. Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 9:41:17 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
This is normal operation. Washer has a neutral drain transmission. It should drain for a full 2 minutes before going into spin. After the 2 minute drain period, motor stops for a few seconds and then starts again. This takes the transmission out of neutral. Washer then begins to spin while continuing to drain. You are pausing the motor by opening/closing the lid. It may take the tub far less than 2 minutes to drain but the washer still won't go into spin until the 2 minutes are up. This is a load sensing washer and generally, you should not open the lid once the cycle has started as that resets the load sense control. That may or may not have an effect on the cycle.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply