Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lum  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:43:49 AM(UTC)
lum

Groups: Registered

I have an Estate washer that seems to function in all aspects with the exception that the machine will not rinse. Machine fills, agitates, washes and spins out fine but gets hung up when rinse should begin. Timer just sits there & won't fill/won't advance.

Could the valve be at fault? It is doing the initial fill fine though, but nothing when it gets to rinse. Lid switch is fine and responsive to opening and closing the lid. From my knowledge I'm leaning toward the timer but I'd much rather it be something else (cheaper). I've tried 'rinse' in all cycles and can't get it to begin in any of them.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 8:28:24 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Rinse is cold water only and this washer has a separate water level pressure switch for rinse function. Do you get cold water in wash when temp switch is set to cold/cold? If so, water inlet valve is ok. That leaves rinse pressure switch or timer. Open control panel to access rinse pressure switch. Unplug switch connector and jump yellow/violet wire to yellow/red wire and try rinse fill. If it works, pressure switch is bad. If it still won't work, then timer is bad or possibly any wiring between timer, rinse pressure switch and temp switch.

Eric
lum  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 9:56:42 AM(UTC)
lum

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
Rinse is cold water only and this washer has a separate water level pressure switch for rinse function. Do you get cold water in wash when temp switch is set to cold/cold? If so, water inlet valve is ok. That leaves rinse pressure switch or timer. Open control panel to access rinse pressure switch. Unplug switch connector and jump yellow/violet wire to yellow/red wire and try rinse fill. If it works, pressure switch is bad. If it still won't work, then timer is bad or possibly any wiring between timer, rinse pressure switch and temp switch.

Eric

No fill during wash when set to cold. Would explain why there is nothing happening during rinse, too. I assume the solenoid on the cold valve is shot? Swap the hot side with cold and see if it works is my next step.

Thanks for your help!
lum  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 10:00:45 AM(UTC)
lum

Another related question. In looking for a solution to this 'no-rinse' problem I've found a large number of people have complained that the water level in the rinse level is too low (set to large, wash fills to large, rinse fills to small). Something about being energy/water efficient. Is there a way to bypass this? Maybe re-calibrate the fill sensor?
fairbank56  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:37:32 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yep, swap solenoid connectors to see if valve is bad. As for rinse level, from inside control panel, you should be able to get hold of the shaft for the rinse water level pressure switch and rotate it to set higher level.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply