Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pmt1231  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2014 8:23:30 PM(UTC)
pmt1231

Groups: Registered

think thats the model #
it drains but wont spin. front of washer shows ultimate care II as the model
i think i remember a while back it was making a loud banging noise and shaking but only happended once and worked fine after that. could i have a broken belt? i have't taken it apart to look
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2014 4:38:23 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

This model is direct drive and does not have a belt. The typical problem when it does not spin is a worn out clutch lining, this part here.

Part number: AP3094538
Part number: AP3094538

When you look at it you will find a video on how to replace it, it is not a hard job but it helps to have a helper. If the machine will drain, and if it will spin if you give the basket a push in the spin cycle then it is probably the clutch lining.
pmt1231  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:02:52 AM(UTC)
pmt1231

thanks for the tip-bought a complete clutch kit locally and removed the softener dispensor and the inner cap seal and of course the bolt head is rusted away-havent be able to remove it yet but was wondering if i should replace the agitator cams-but it says they come in short,medium and long, not sure which i should get-any idea?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:44:18 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well darn, but they do make bits that will enable you to remove the screw that holds the agitator in.

It is a good idea to replace the dogs, very inexpensive and while the shaft itself has different sizes the dogs themselves are just one size, and that's all you need to replace. You can use the existing parts for everything else. Oh, and be sure and get a new screw for the agitator and if you don't have one, a cover so it doesn't rust out.
pmt1231  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 12:28:49 PM(UTC)
pmt1231

thanks, i ordered the agitator dogs and a new bolt, and cap seal to keep the new bolt dry
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply