Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kps263  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2014 6:24:34 PM(UTC)
kps263

Groups: Registered

My whirlpool LSQ9544KQ0 started making a noise, a grinding noise and then it stopped spinning. The pump works and drains fine. I pulled that cabinet and checked the coupler, but it looks fine. The top part of the agitator seems to spin free. The bottom part agitates, but if I put some tension on it it will give. I was hoping the coupler was the problem. Now what do I do??
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kps263  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2014 7:42:02 PM(UTC)
kps263

I pulled out the agitator and tried to separate the top and the bottom, but they don't seem to come apart.
allen9258  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2014 7:47:12 AM(UTC)
allen9258

the agitator is the problem for say the agitator dogs are bad and need to be replaced remove agitator cap there is also a second cover pull it out then the bolt in the center has to be removed you should be able to remove the top section to replace the dogs pay close attention as to how the top section lock into the bottom section if you cant separate them that way then grab the bottom of the agitator and gently pull out the agitator and separate them be sure to get the parts before during the repair
kps263  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2014 8:05:23 AM(UTC)
kps263

I did get the agitator apart. a couple of the tabs from the lower agitator broke off, but that doesn't look critical.

The big deal is the spinning... I tried Richappy's post of turning the coupler on the tranny. At first there was no movement of the clutch housing or tub, but after a few times the clutch housing and tub now turn when I rotate the coupler clockwise on the tranny.... I am not sure what changed and whether I should bypass the lid switch and see if there is still a noise somewhere when things are running. The tech line says I should check all of the other parts first because the tranny is the least probable cause... Any ideas?
kps263  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2014 11:19:01 AM(UTC)
kps263

2nd try: any ideas on what to do next?
kps263  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2014 6:05:35 AM(UTC)
kps263

still wondering what to do.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply