Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sparkyguy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:00:54 AM(UTC)
sparkyguy

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool LSC8245AW0 that is 21 yrs old and has held up to a lot of use (and abuse) over the years. I'm a retired design engineer and appreciate the simple design of the internals. I also suspect the problem in my existing one is a bad transmission (I'm still investigating that). If so, it's likely not worth fixing due to it's age. I know Whirlpool, GE, Kenmore share the internals on many models. I'm NOT looking for a "reliability" recommendation (probably not allowed on forum anyway), but can a repair Guru tell me what makes & models of new top-loading machines use a similar direct-drive internal design similar to my old Whirly? The sales guys would think I'm completely nuts if I ask to look inside their shiny new floor models. :D
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.