Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ted.godwinstremler  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 1, 2014 4:31:10 PM(UTC)
ted.godwinstremler

Groups: Registered

The washer will not fill with water. The water pressure is good. The intake filters are clean. The sylenoids (sp?) have adequate continuity. However, during a cycle when the water should be running there is no voltage to the intake valves. Is this a master circuit board issue? I replaced it just one year ago. Any other ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ted.godwinstremler  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 2, 2014 8:33:04 AM(UTC)
ted.godwinstremler

The discharge pump is making more noise and it runs longer than necessary and when I open the filter I get about a quart of water.
I tried to bypass the water intake by adding water through the detergent intake but the machine decided to pump it out. I also heard that the washer takes the weight of laundry into account so I have some laundry in the machine. Still no change. The water intake solenoids do not get power and the cycle ends or stalemates as soon as the washer finishes it's internal checks.
ted.godwinstremler  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 2, 2014 11:48:58 AM(UTC)
ted.godwinstremler

I found the test codes and error messages. I cleared all the error messages and ran all the tests. The water intake worked perfectly during the tests, so did the pump and pressure switch. The diverter worked but it did not line up correctly for each fill mode.
So I cleared everything and ran a load which again did not allow water into the machine. Then I returned to the test mode to look at the error messages and the diverter was identified as the problem. I checked for issues with the wires and connectors. It looks like the sensors inside the diverter motor are bad so I couldn't make it line up and work properly.
I ordered a new diverter here (not the lowest price but it was when adding shipping). In a week or so I should know if this works.
ted.godwinstremler  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 4:18:25 PM(UTC)
ted.godwinstremler

I shipped with standard shipping and the part arrived the next day. It took me maybe 5 min. to install and test. Worked great and the first laod of laundry is in the dryer. It was the diverter that caused the water not to be allowed into the wash cycle. Thanks for all the ideas.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply