Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Brisay  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 4:32:03 PM(UTC)
Brisay

Groups: Registered

Hi, hoping someone can help. I noticed my washer wasn't agitating or spinning so I researched the common causes and determined that the motor coupler was broken.( the plastic portion of the couple was in pieces) I removed the motor and the transmission from the machine , popped off the 2 straps , replaced both halves of the coupler along with the rubber piece and reinstalled the motor onto the transmission. I reinstalled the motor back on to the machine and reconnected the power and gave it a test run . Now the washer fills and that's about it. When it comes time to agitate and spin.... Nothing. I also noticed that the coupler isn't able to be rotated by my fingers. So I took off the motor and tranny once again and separated them. The coupler on the transmission side spins freely but the shaft of the motor seems frozen. I can't even turn it with a channel lock . Any advice would be greatly appreciated . Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.