Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
avemaria  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 28, 2014 1:58:51 PM(UTC)
avemaria

Groups: Registered

Hello,

With the help of your great Youtube videos i've been able to do a few repairs on our washer.. I've replaced the coupler and clutch assembly.. also the water inlet valve.. I have a problem that only started 3 days after I had the new clutch assembly installed. During the spin cycle it will make a squealing type noise.. not very loud but it's there.. I posted the link of a video I made of the washer without its cover on during the spin cycle. I would love feedback. I checked all the springs and cleaned them.. and both sets of 3 pads at the base seem in tact.. but I know this noise isn't coming from any of those after today. I can't tell if it's the transmission or where to start.. I'm not going to replace that as in the near future we wanted to look for a new one.. I was just proud of being able to fix the machine without calling the repair tech to charge a fortune and would like to get some miles out of my efforts.. But i'm confused as this sound wasn't there prior to my changing out the clutch assembly.. I didn't do anything outside of what was on the appliancepartspros video.. it was quite easy to do.. no oil leaked from anything that I could see.. So I can't see that this is all of a sudden a transmission problem.. everything else works great. Can I ask if anyone would like to see the video below and offer a suggestion on what this might be if you've seen it before?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/...Yy10dVk/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you for your time,
Scott
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.