Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SaskGuy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 7:16:56 AM(UTC)
SaskGuy

Groups: Registered

Hello all. Well, I found this site about 1 month ago which led me to the replacement of the snubber ring on this washer. I was having problems with it jumping across the room on the spin. I replaced the old belt with a new one. So, now I'm wondering what else may be the issue. I have some other ideas but I'm just not sure. Here's my observations upon disassembling and replacement of the snubber and belt. First thing I noticed was not only the banging and jumping on spin (we always stop it and re balance the load) but a sort of whining or grinding (maybe bearing?). Also, and as per instructions when new, your supposed to pick the back up and kind of drop it to allow the back feet to "level" as it's some sort of self leveling system. Well, this doesn't seam to function any longer. The machine is level but those back "feet" don't feel the same as they used to. From what I remember they are supposed to have sort of a ratcheting feel to them? Upon removal of the belt I noticed some oil covering the bottom of the machine. All the springs were in tact and seemingly strong? but I'm not sure how much spring they are supposed to have. I will note here that when the washer is full of water and agitating it tilts to one side and does not stay centered. And again, I've made darn sure (with a bubble level) that this thing is in fact level. I removed the drum and replaced the snubber ring (which the old one didn't really look all that worn) and again noted the excessive oil in and around this area.

So, with all that said, can someone help me determine which parts I might need to fix? Brake?, transmission?, thrust bearing?, new springs? or all?

Thanks so much!

Keith
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.