Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kingjones  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2014 10:46:57 PM(UTC)
kingjones

Groups: Registered

First, washer over-filled and flooded the floor. Replaced the water level pressure switch and the attached tube. Did not help. I still had to watch every fill cycle. Sometimes, it would stop on its own (though higher than it should, usually) and sometimes I had to manually stop it by pushing in the knob. At first, I could manipulate the water level switch and then pull the knob back out to get it to start agitating. Eventually, I had to let it sit for several minutes before pulling the knob back out to get it to agitate without adding more water. It would complete the rest of the cycle ok. Then, occasionally, it would not fill for the rinse cycle. It would start agitating with no water. NOW, it will not fill at all for wash or rinse--just starts agitating as soon as I pull out the knob. The water is turned on. I have checked the water pressure through the hoses and the filters in the water inlet valve. The continuity in the inlet valve seems to be ok, but I am no expert at that. Is it the timer, or any other possibilities? Thanks for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 5:46:20 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Unplug connector from pressure switch. If it still agitates right away when knob pulled out then it's most likely the timer but I cannot find the wiring diagram for this model. Can you post a clear hi-res photo of the wiring diagram?

Whirlpool 3953251 Timer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
kingjones  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 7:08:55 AM(UTC)
kingjones

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
Unplug connector from pressure switch. If it still agitates right away when knob pulled out then it's most likely the timer but I cannot find the wiring diagram for this model. Can you post a clear hi-res photo of the wiring diagram?

Whirlpool 3953251 Timer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric

After unplugging the wiring connector from the pressure switch, it does nothing when I pull out the knob (as if the machine is unplugged). For some reason, the copy of the diagram would not upload. BTW, the tranmission is also leaking some oil. Any possible relation to this issue?
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 8:19:19 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

The oil leak is not related to the problem you are having. The problem appears to be with the pressure switch system. With switch wiring connector plugged back in, disconnect pressure hose from switch. If it still agitates right away, the problem is either the pressure switch or faulty wiring between switch and timer. Trace the wires from switch to timer looking for any defects in wiring. If it does not agitate right away and does fill with hose disconnected, the air dome on the side of the tub where the hose connects may be clogged up. You will need to flush it out if that is the case. Problem could remotely be the timer but I can't give any tips without the wiring diagram. Any parts bought from APP may be returned if they don't fix your problem.

Eric
kingjones  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 8:41:42 AM(UTC)
kingjones

Eric,

We had trouble getting the air hose off the timer switch, I guess because it is so new. I disconnected it from the air dome instead, and the water started filling. If that means it could be a clogged air dome, how do I flush it? Thanks.
fairbank56  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 11:57:16 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Use a turkey baster with hot water or similar device to flush water through it. Be careful not to break the hose nipple off.

Eric
kingjones  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 12:14:53 PM(UTC)
kingjones

I cleaned the air dome with a pipe cleaner, and the washer started to fill. So I put the machine back together and ran an empty cycle to wash away debris from the repair. I set it on small load, and the washer filled with water (way too much for the setting but at least it was filling). No fill on the rinse cycle, just started agitating. I set it to wash again, and no water, just agitating. So frustrating!! I would be happy to replace this thing if I had any confidence in the newer machines, but based on the poor reviews, I am hesitant to buy something new just yet.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply