Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gruntstyle  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:18:49 PM(UTC)
gruntstyle

Groups: Registered

Maytag washer model PAV2300AWW won't spin/agitate/drain. I leaned the unit against the wall to expose the underside. I removed the belt from the three pulleys. The belt feels fairly new and stiff. I hand turned the three wheels. The center one (agitator?) only turns one direction. The front right pulley turns freely both ways. The back right pulley does not turn freely either way and grinds when moved. What should I do?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mr_mjsjr  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 5:43:32 PM(UTC)
mr_mjsjr

the back right pulley is generally for the pump. when you turn to drain/spin you probably get a lot of noise and or burning smell. either the pump is turning slowly and dragging so you get little agitation and slow spin speed. or the motor turns and the belt does not causing the belt to burn causing a burning smell. any time you have a bearing it should turn smoothly. if you feel a grating there is generally a problem.
gruntstyle  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 12:11:40 AM(UTC)
gruntstyle

Found a parts diagram online. The back right pulley (as viewed from the front) is the drain pump assembly. I sprayed the pulley with a little WD-40 and reattached the belt. Still makes a grinding noise but at least all the pulleys move now. Hopefully I don't need to replace the pump assembly.

Also no burn smell when I turned the washer back on. Will try it again in the morning to see if it still works.
mr_mjsjr  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 2:47:58 PM(UTC)
mr_mjsjr

you are going to need a pump. the lube is just a temp fix.
gruntstyle  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2014 2:59:05 PM(UTC)
gruntstyle

That is exactly what happened. At least I was able to drain the rest of the water out of the bin.

I have looked at a few parts websites and there are two versions of the pump I need, but am unsure which one I need. Is there anyway to tell? Also if anyone knows a good walk through video or guide for pump replacement?
gruntstyle  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2014 8:59:54 PM(UTC)
gruntstyle

*UPDATE* I pulled out the old pump. Not all that hard after I actually looked at it. I know which pump I need and how to hookup/disconnect. I did try cleaning out the faulty pump to see if it could be fixed. The pulley moved much better by hand but still would not turn when I put it all back together.
awi2035  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 7:52:35 AM(UTC)
awi2035

I realize this is an old thread. I have a PAV2200AWW. I have the more or less the same problem. I did replace the belt a couple of years ago. Today when I loaded my washer it filled ok but won't agitate, spin or pump the water out. The pulleys turn. Any idea of what I may need to replace?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply