Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aford89  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 8:06:17 AM(UTC)
aford89

Groups: Registered

I believe the model number is GLEH1642FS but i am not 100% sure as i cannot find any numbers anywhere on it. When i got it the timer does not advance. i believe that it got moved out in to someones garage and froze however nothing was hooked up so im hoping nothing busted since the ice was able to expand. The timer will not advance just sits there filling up, it drains at the same time its filling up which reading some of the FAQ i didnt know the drain had to be 3ft off the ground as its just running straight to the drain along the floor. Could that be causing the problem? what else can i check?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 4:43:10 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Cold weather should not have affected the timer, but if your drain is too low or the hose is sealed off in the drain it creates a siphon. When this happens the water level switch never trips to tell the timer to stop filling and start washing.

If you have a laundry sink next to the machine stick the drain hose in it and see if that doesn't allow the machine to run correctly.

If that is not the problem then it may well be the timer, which will have to be replaced.
aford89  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 6:08:45 AM(UTC)
aford89

Groups: Registered

having the drain running across the floor was the problem. I moved it next to the think in the room and it fixed it all. wasnt aware that they needed to be off the floor until reading this.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 6:34:06 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Great, glad it was an easy fix and thanks for the update.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply