Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fhorta  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:40:25 PM(UTC)
fhorta

Groups: Registered

Starting this new thread since situation has changed. I had posted ge error codes aand request for tech sheet. I was able to do a diagnostic test and agitator does spin in both directions. Hopefully that rules out the transmission as the problem . I still have a lwater leak coming down where the drive shaft meets the pulley. This is close to the belt so water is splashing on the belt. I just replaced the tub seal yesterday. Dont know where the water is coming from.
The washer spins fine when rinsing but agitates very slowly when adding medium size to heavy loads of clothes. And also it works much better when first starting it but slows down after about half hour. Do this washer have a clutch? Any tips, ideas, advice is greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:47:45 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
You mentioned before about the motor slowing down and completely stopping at one point. Water getting on the belt could cause the belt to slip but wouldn't cause the motor to slow down or stop. There isn't any clutch involved while in agitation mode. Need to determine what's really going on when agitation slows. Does motor pulley slow as well or is it just that the belt is slipping?

Eric
fhorta  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:42:39 AM(UTC)
fhorta

I have been going by what the wife was telling me. But yes, ill have to see for my self what is really going on down there. If it was just the belt slippning would the motor be making any sound or is it silent? I really don't know where the water is coming from. I replaced the tub seal , any ideas?. Ill check it myself to see what it really does and post back. Thanks.
fhorta  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:55:02 PM(UTC)
fhorta

Well, checked to see my self and found the following: agitating begins normally for about 2 minutes with moderate load. Both pulleys and belt are spinning normally. However, water is coming down up in the area where the drive shaft comes down and meets with big pulley. With everything spinninv normally still at tbis point as the water makes contact with the pulley, the water is being splashed onto the belt. Shortly thereafter the belt seems to get saturated and begins to slip. The belt then eventually stops moving , so does the big pulley, but the motor continues. I can see the little pulley continue to spin. So i guess the leaking water seems to be causing all of this. I just put a new tub seal three days ago. Either i did something wrong or the leak coming from somewhere else. Thanks for any ideas, suggestions, tips i can get.
fairbank56  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 4:42:53 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Replace the tub seal. Use Permatex 20539 gasket shellac on the outer portions of the seal where it makes contact with the tub. Make sure transmission shaft is thoroughly clean.

Eric
fhorta  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 5:27:04 AM(UTC)
fhorta

Darn! Ok, ill take apart again and replace seal again. I did put silicone around the edges the first time but guess that didn't help.Thanks.
fhorta  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2014 10:28:24 AM(UTC)
fhorta

Before I replaced seal again, I poured water in and didn't leak. I manualy moved the agitator shaft but still didn't leak. I poured more water to bring level higher and above the tip of the agitator shaft inside washer and looked underneath and found that it started leaking. So basically water is leaking down where the agitator shaft protrudes up the base where the nut, washer and clip are mounted. There seems to be signs of rubber in that area that has been worn. I don't see any parts that would replace a rubber in that area. I wonder if the washer down there is supposed to prevent water from coming in and up the agitator when agitator is mounted? The washer is metal so don't know that it would need replacement. Any ideas please.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply