Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fhorta  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 9:32:29 AM(UTC)
fhorta

Groups: Registered

Hello. Seems I lost that manual that is supposed to be behind washer on back of control panel to trouble shoot error codes. Can someone please direct me on how to enter washer into diagnostic mode to see if I can pull some error codes. The washer barely agitates and then it comes to a complete stop. I had noticed a water leak at bottom and water was landing on the drive belt. Ordered the tub seaal and getting ready to replace. Not sure if that was the problem . Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 12:10:00 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Remove agitator and agitator coupler and check internal splines of coupler, may be stripped out. Here's your tech sheet.

Eric
File Attachment(s):
GE Tech Sheet 31-15535.pdf (195kb) downloaded 21 time(s).
fhorta  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 5:44:08 PM(UTC)
fhorta

I really appreciate it. Ihad actually checked the agitator coupling and splines look good. Its the motor stops completely. Thought maybe there is a preventive device that makes it stop when its forcing itself. I replacd the tub seal and will test it tomorrow. Thanks again for the tech sheet.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 6:22:18 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

There's a thermal overload switch in the motor. It's on the schematic, says OL in motor wiring. Rotate the motor pulley CCW (viewed from below) by hand. This should be easy and cause rotation of belt, main drive pulley and agitator should go back and forth. If it's binding, you have a bad transmission.

Eric
fhorta  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 6:52:56 PM(UTC)
fhorta

Thanks for reply. I have been able to rotate the pulley and it turns freely. By binding do you mean no resistance at all or should there be at least some resistance? Thanks. Oh, by the way, the pdf tech sheet that was posted earlier was blank. If possible, can it be reposted. Thanks again.
fhorta  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 7:11:19 PM(UTC)
fhorta

Ooops never mind. I can seee the tech sheet now. I see that one of the codes is "slow agitate" . When I do the diagnostic and if I ge t that code (that is the actually the problem I'm having) what would be the recommended solutio n? Or where might I refer to follow up on the solutions to the error codes. Thanks.
fairbank56  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 4:34:38 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

There will be a little resistance but shouldn't be hard to rotate. Have someone observe the agitator while you are rotating to see if agitator is going back and forth normally. There isn't an error code for slow agitate. The last 6 positions of the chart are for operating the functions of the washer. In service mode, the washer will agitate without water for testing purposes.

Eric
fhorta  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:20:12 AM(UTC)
fhorta

I rotated belt and observed agitator. When rotating counter clock wise the inner tub spins in one direction and When rotating clock wise the agitator spins in one direction only. What can be said of this? Is this a reason for motor to stop completely? When rotating CW moves freely. CCW it moves with a little resistance. Appreciate any tips and advice. Thanks.
fairbank56  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:26:59 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Are you looking at the lower agitator or upper (auger). Only the lower part is driven by the transmission in both directions. The auger is driven in the clockwise direction only using a set of "dogs" by the lower agitator. Place machine in service mode and set to agitate. If lower agitator is only going in one direction, remove agitator and check agitator shaft. If only going in one direction, transmission is bad.

Eric
fhorta  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 9:01:57 AM(UTC)
fhorta

I'm looking at the agitator , not the part on top of the agitator if that is the auger. I just calledmy wife and she said that she can't tell if the agitator is moving in both directions bcuz if she openss lid then it stops. She says it seems to be working ok for now, or at least it sounds ok. She just started it though.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply