Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shalara01  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2014 9:42:46 AM(UTC)
shalara01

Groups: Registered

My washer wont spin. So far I have checked the knob alignment to make sure that is correct by removing the clip and putting it back on making sure the notch is aligned with the slot inside. I then pulled the front panel off and checked to see if the motor is turning, its not, but there is sound coming from the motor. Can this possibly be the clutch? The belt? Please let me know as I have lots of laundry to do... ;)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2014 1:11:14 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
This could be any number of things. Faulty brake release mechanism on the transmission, clothing caught between the tubs, seized tub bearing, faulty timer, faulty capacitor. I can find very little information on this version (D2) but plenty on the D1, D3 and others. Open the control panel and retrieve the tech sheet and tell me what the part number of the tech sheet is. Should be something like 31-15552.

With washer off, you should be able to rotate the motor pulley in the clockwise direction (viewed from below). This should rotate the main pulley, release the brake and rotate the entire transmission and basket. You must use two hands and keep the pulley rotating or else the brake will grab immediately. If the main pulley and transmission will not rotate, the problem is not likely the timer or capacitor but could be any one of the other problems that I indicated.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply