Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thomas446  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 1:14:35 PM(UTC)
thomas446

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Duet Front Load Washer that has stopped working. It was running, and it tripped the Breaker and stopped mid cycle. I believe around the spin cycle. I reset the breaker and tried to start a new cycle but it did nothing. It seems the control works, the cycle starts, and the door locks, and then it sits. I can press the pause button, to unlock the door using the Add a Garment Feature, but the door doesn't unlock, I can also then push the start button, and you can hear the solenoid kick back in on the door lock, but then again it doesn't do anything else. If you then push the Power button, the remaining cycle time blinks. Reviewing other posts, I figured it was the Door Lock Mechanism, which I replaced, but that replacement didn't change anything.

After this try, I have now figured out how to run the Automatic Cycle in Diagnotic Mode. In this mode, the door locks, and cold water fills first, then some hot water, but after the hot fills, the unit doesn't do the spin test. At the next press of the button, the drain kicks in, and then the drain emptys the tank, but keeps running till you unplug the machine. I checked the filter/screen in front of the drain pump, and it is not clogged, and the tank is empty of water.

Also, in Diagnositic Mode, there are no codes stored.

I have also done some simple checks, and it appears that the CCU is sending 120V Power to both the door lock and the MCU. And a visual inspection of the MCU, doesn't show any "burnt" spots.

At this point, I am looking at what parts to replace next. I figure the 3 main things to consider are the CCU, MCU, and the motor.

Please help!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.